Salary Range: Varies with experience
Job Purpose: Performs maintenance, modification, overhaul, service, and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment by performing the following duties.
Performs service and repairs on all HVAC, refrigeration, and control systems.
Responsible for a company work vehicle, parts inventory, and equipment assigned to the company work vehicle. The technician has complete responsibility for the vehicle.
Replaces electrical components such as compressors, contactors, and motor starters; relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical components to which these are related.
Occasionally, changes out gas and oil furnaces and split air conditioning systems, and installs ductless air conditioning and heat pumps, sheet metal installation and transitions, refrigeration, condensate, and PVC venting.
Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service level agreements for scheduled completion dates.
Promotes and sells new HVAC products by observing customers’ equipment and through inquiries of customers.
Learns the company service price book to efficiently provide quotes to customers while minimizing lost sales opportunities.
Prepares customer invoicing and maintains customer information in the database.
Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in the facility and housed on company vehicle.
Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
Understands the company policy is to provide 100% customer satisfaction by exceeding customer expectations.
Performs all work to industry standards and maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies, and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
Performs any other job duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Associate degree or climate control certificate in HVAC required.
- 1-3 years minimum HVAC service technician preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Service Titan experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic math skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with strong customer relations skills.
- Team player (works well with others).
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
- Ability to work on-call, on weekends and holidays as required.
Why Choose Hager Fox Heating & Air Conditioning?
For Service That Rocks, Call Hager Fox
- Licensed & insured
- Service all brands, including Lennox, Mitsubishi & Kohler
- Free estimates on replacement quotes & service calls
- Background-checked & NATE-certified technicians
- Financing options & instant rebates
- Committed to excellence
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed